Monday, December 6, 2010

First post!

Hey!  I have been using a pregnancy journal, but I thought it'd be nice to be able to post pictures and other things like that... so I'm using this now instead.  So here goes! :)

This last week was a super exciting one!  First I passed my Glucose test-which was wonderful!  Then we started our birthing classes, and on Sat we had our baby shower.  It was really fun helping mom get ready for the baby shower and I was glad that I was able to spend so much time with her!  And let me say, she really out did herself!  The shower was Dr. Seuss theme, so we had Dr. Seuss books everywhere!  Instead of a diaper cake she made a diaper hat (Cat in the Hat type).  It was full of very useful stuff!  I didn't want to take it apart because it was so cute!!  For food we had deviled green eggs and ham salad.  We had a couple "Cheese Trees" and one fish two fish bowl (filled with colorful goldfish) and also some brownie bites.  Our punch bowl was a duckie bathtub (with a bowl instead it holding the punch).  We played the "guess which candy bar is in the diaper" and it was fun to see all the boys playing that!  We also did a sock match and "how round is Nikki's belly.  I was suprised that most people got pretty close to how big my belly was! 

After we ate, we opened our gifts.  We got alot of really good things!  I feel so blessed to have such great friends and family!!  Then we ate our yummy "Sneetch" theme cake that a friend did a wonderful job making for us!  After that, we hung around and talked a bit and then came home.  I was super tired, so I went to bed after getting all the stuff put into the house! 

I really just want to thank everyone for all you have done for us!!  :)








3 comments:

Jack said...

Nice blog hon. If you want I can give you one where you'll have more options and probably more space to utilize for your pictures and such. Just let me know! Here's the addresses to two of the blogs on there right now so you can see what is possible with it.
http://www.ufp-squad.com/shadowchaser
http://www.ufp-squad.com/wesmelton

Just let me know if you want to talk about this more. Love you and we had a great time at the party!

Dad

pcg said...

Nice pics! I see my bowl!!! It looks like everything went really well. I love the decorations.

jean said...

Good Party had fun planning it with you. Thanks :)

love you
Hommie