Tuesday, January 25, 2011

35 weeks 5 to go!

35 weeks and 35 days to go (well that was on Sat.. so today its more like 32 days until my due date!)  Our baby will be here in no time, I really can't believe it!  This weekend was super exhausting, but it was nice for me to be able to get out with the girls for a mini road trip one last time before baby got here.  This week is also pretty busy, with our breastfeeding class and new born basic classes both happening this week!  Also we are planning on touring the maternity ward.  The things on my to-do list this week are finish up the goody bags we are leaving out for the nurses in the marternity ward (bribing them really.. lol) and get the last touches for the baby's room.   

 
Here is whats new with the baby this week:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
More weight.. how exciting!

And me:

How far along? 35 weeks and 3 days 
Total weight gain: +32.8 pounds 
Sleep: Its getting harder to sleep, I fall asleep fine, but wake up lots of times in the middle of the night, and sometimes can't get back to sleep. 
Movement: He is always having a party in there.. moves around all the time :) 
Best moment this week: I had a really good doc apt last week and only gained .8lbs.. which made me excited! 
Food cravings: cheese cake
Gender: It's a boy!
Maternity Clothes: Yep, but lately I've been living in my couple pairs of yoga pants.  Mat. Jeans aren't that comfy anymore... 
Belly Button in or out? Still in; it's cute and little if you can believe it.
What I miss: sleeping thru the night
What I am looking forward to:  Getting some more stuff for the nursery and working on a baby book.
Nursery Progress: Trim is up, Crib is done :), dresser is up and 3-6 month clothes are all washed and put away up there!  We need to hang the wall decor, switch out the outlets to white ones (good thing I know an electrician ;) ) and put up shelves in the closet.  In our room (which is where baby will be staying the first few months)  I need to get some plastic drawers to put his NB and 0-3 months clothes in (which I'm planning on getting today) and then we will be set there.  Blankets and clothes are washed, towels are washed and put away, so not alot left on that front...


 

 
Well I can't get a picture to post today.. ...  sorry

No comments: