Sunday, January 30, 2011

36 weeks...

We are def getting closer!  27 days until my due date!  Next week I start my weekly doc apts.. so it will be interesting to see if I have anything going on yet!  We have a few more classes this week, but to be honest, I'm kinda over them.  They are all pretty much saying the same things over and over and its hard for me to be out that late anymore.  So I'm not sure if we will be going to the last breastfeeding part 2 (seeing how part 1 was everything I already knew.. from my other classes and books) and Weds we have a car seat saftey class (which again I've already been to one) plus I'm not sure how they are going to talk car seat saftey for 2 hours!  And this will all depend on that snow storm they are calling for.  I am really looking forward to my doc apt on Tue.  Not too much new around here.  But we did get all the plastic drawers for our bedroom and have the nb-3 month baby clothes in there and sorted.  Plus I've almost finished all our laundry, which I plan on finishing this week... all that is left are the extra towels and extra blankets (these are big people stuff not baby.. baby stuff is all done)  So that will be nice to have it all done.
Also we toured the Mat. ward today and found out we can have clear liquids during L&D.. which is very exciting.  Up until 2 weeks ago, they only allowed you to have ice.. but they just changed it (just in time ;) ) 

New with baby:
Only 4 more weeks to go!
Week36 ~length 18.6 in | 47 cm ~weight 5.8 lbs | 2.6 kg

The countdown continues… and in fetal developments: most of the bones (soft skull aside) in their little body are now completely hardened, providing a solid structure from which they can now make their grand debut into the world. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we are structurally ready for a secure launch. In physical fitness news: their muscle tone has also improved over these past few weeks, and you’ll definitely be impressed by their steel-like Ulnar grasp (a newborn reflex that occurs if you lay your finger in their palm). And in genital development: if you’re having a girl, her labia are now fully developed. Finally, in the fluids/excretion department: the amniotic fluid-to-baby ratio has fallen over these past weeks, although they’re still swallowing fluid (building up even more meconium for that historic first poop), and some vernix caseosa. They will be more than ready to swallow and digest milk after birth. Just in case you didn’t get it quite yet: you’ve got yourself an adorable and hungry 5.8 lbs 18.6 inch baby—are you ready?

And new with me:
How far along? 36 weeks and 1 day 
Total weight gain: +32.8 pounds (not sure on this yet.. until doc apt on tues) 
Sleep: Sleep... I'm not really sleeping well at all anymore. 
Movement: He is always having a party in there.. moves around all the time :) 
Best moment this week: I had a girl day on Friday with a friend and got pedis which was wonderful! 
Food cravings: Milkshakes this week
Gender: It's a boy!
Maternity Clothes: Yep, but lately I've been living in my couple pairs of yoga pants.  Mat. Jeans aren't that comfy anymore... 
Belly Button in or out? Still in; it's cute and little if you can believe it.
What I miss: sleeping thru the night and wine
What I am looking forward to:  Finishing laundry and Doc apt on Tues.
Nursery Progress: We still need to put up the wall hangings, but since he isn't staying in the nursey right away, thats not big deal.  Other than that, we are ready!


36 weeks picture..


Crib with the guard dog...  ;)





Other side of room
That picture will go above the dresser


No comments: