Thursday, October 25, 2012

Feels like I've said this before.. finding myself..

I know I posted awhile about finding my body, and diet and exercise-which I did and ended up winning one of the challenges, But its time to take the next step.

So we signed our life away and joined a gym.  A gym that has daycare!  So I can go workout in peace... I don't have to worry about nap time ending or spending the whole nap time working out instead of cleaning or work on homework, or napping myself..  And did you notice I said "WE"  yep T joined too.  So this time I have him on board.  So we are working hard on eating better and keeping each other accountable.  He worked out with a partner.. And I have a trainer.  She keeps me working hard!  We have been working on strength training for my whole body right now.  Then on days I'm not w/ her I normally do cardio and a few classes.  So far I have worked out almost everyday!  I track my calories (for the first time really ever!) and she can see what I've eatten...  So I have to make good choices!  Its nice being able to go to the gym.  Gets me out of my head and I feel great afterwards (Sore, but good)  Plus I enjoy watching T feel better about working out.  And I love example we are setting for Z.  We are not just trying to loose weight, but get into shape and have a healthier lifestyle. 
  I am still doing some of the beach body stuff.. like Shakology, which I love!!  And the protein drink after I work out is theirs too.  On days I don't do strength I try to do ab ripper (part of p90x) if I have the energy.  So now I fit (at least) an hour of work out in my already busy crazy days!  Its not always easy to find an hour (not counting the drive time of 1/2 there and 1/2 back) but so far I've done it-and its worth it.  I feel refreshed after working out.  I will for sure be keeping track on my progress and any tips I learn! 
Like this tip:
When working out on a treadmill you should always have the incline at at least 1.0 b/c treadmills are natural pointed down and if you have it on anythign below 1, you'll hurt your knees.   

No comments: