Thursday, May 7, 2015

First camp "out" of the year


We LOVE being outside.  Love getting away and sitting by a camp fire.  I was raised camping and I love that my husband also enjoys it.  But really whats not to love...  Sitting around a fire looking at the stars and talking to friends is one of the most relaxing things in life. 




It was so nice out over the weekend.  The plan was to actually go camping somewhere, but we need to add a hitch to our van.. and the store couldn't get the part in on time.. so we just set up the camper in our back yard.  The weather was amazing the whole weekend.  Over the winter.. some mice got into our camper.. and made their home there... ate all the curtains-so dirty.  



So there was a lot of prep to get to this weekend.. Cleaning, shampooing, sewing, lots of sewing.  But it was worth it.  And the new curtains look pretty good if I don't say so myself!



We even were lucky enough to have some friends come out to our "campsite"  It was fun having them out there!











And of course there were hot dogs and smores!!




It was a lot of fun.. And some very welcome family time!




It was fun.. but a pretty exhausting weekend full of late nights and early mornings. 


I think we are still recovering a little bit from the lack of sleep.. But it was wonderful!  I hope we get to go out a lot this summer! 


No comments: