Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cloth diapers!

So I have been slowly building my stash.. but really any mom's who cloth diaper know they are NEVER done buying more.. b/c they are so darn cute!  But I think we are too the point that I can do it exclusively without the need of disposables!  For the last 2 weeks I have only been using cloth! (other than the day we were out of the house the whole day..) Before that I was using cloth until I needed to wash.  Overall I really love it!  We have all kinds of different types and my favorite really changes from day to day.. Some days we use prefolds/covers the whole day. then the next we do AIO's and pockets, and we even do fitteds.. since we have some of all of those!  It works well for me having the different types. 
Laundry hasn't been as bad as I first feared it would be.  I do a load about every other day, and as long as I can dry them outside, its not bad!  The hardest part it remembering to switch "extra rinse" off before doing non cloth diaper stuff! 
On a semi related story:  I was at Sam's Club and the cashier and manger was trying to talk me into upgrading my membership to this one where you get coupons for the stuff you buy.. Well of coarse I had Z with me, so he tried using the baby card.  "You will get great coupons for diapers, formula, and baby food, it will save you so much money!!"  I looked at him, and smile, then said "Well, I breast feed, cloth diaper and make my own baby food, so I really won't get those coupons"  The cashier looked at me and was super impressed then asked me a few questions. 

No comments: