Saturday, July 9, 2011

Don't Worry Be Happy

o, I havn't been posting much.. I havn't been doing much of anything lately other than take care of Zach, Chase, Tim and my mom.. so I've been pretty stressed out! So Tim said we needed some time with out Zach.. Tim had the day off on Friday, so we took Zach to grandma's and we went to Six Flags (b/c deep down we are still very much kids.. ok not that deep down :) ) Of coarse the morning did not go as planned. First, we started about an hour later than what we had planned-which wasn't that big of a deal since we were trying to relax anyway.. But as we were walking out the door, I couldn't find my Id/debit card holder... Which we were planning on buying tickets online (and you need to show your ID) So back into the house to try to locate the holder.. We looked for a bit, with no luck and gave up. This put me in a bad mood... so we looked up this song

For some reason this song actually puts me in a better mood! So we get to my parents to drop Zach off (with lots of milk) and about the 45 mins later I realize that my little cooler with the icepacks (that was holding the milk I took) was still in there house.. next to their freezer... Ugh.. so to recap:
We are an hour and 1/2 late, I don't have my id/debit card, and finally I left the smaller cooler w/ the icepacks at my moms. What a great start! Plus we stopped a McDonalds on our way (actually the one in the town we live in on our way after we dropped Zach off) to get some food, gas and go to the bathroom... The lady helping us did not enjoy her life or job-she was so mean! But I did think it was funny that we stopped to go to the bathroom like 4 blocks from our house..
3 hours later.. we are there! We got there around 2:30... which means we got into the park around 3. We went to the water park first. A little side note about me-I like waterparks ok, but I'd rather be on coasters. So I was in he water park for Tim. We got Tubes ($8 each) b/c I thought Tim wanted them... we went to the wave pool b/c again I thought Tim wanted to.. did a few water slides. At this point, I want to eat again, so we sit down and eat.. and actually talk. Turns out, Tim was doing all the water stuff for me! At this point we decide we would communicate instead of just guessing.. lol So then we did the only thing I actually like in the water park the Lazy River. We really didn't need to buy the tubes after all (Although we didn't have to wait in line for the Lazy River and it made it so I survived the wave pool) But after that we leave the water park area, and start on the coasters!
We rode the Ninja first-it was alot of fun. Then the Batman-this was my favorite ride before.. now not so much. I didn't feel so well after riding it. We rode a few more rides and then we came to the new one. The Sky Screamer
The SkyScreamer at Six Flags St. Louis is the tallest ride in the park at 236 feet and at full swing, riders will soar in a 98-foot (30 m) circle at speeds over 43 miles per hour.  Now when we were in line at one of the water rides there were 2 little girls (about 6-7) talking about how much fun this ride was and how it was scarey at all..  The 6 years olds were scared... I wasn't at first either.. Until we got on it and Tim said how small the chains looked..  Then they started lifting us up and I started getting scared.  I was almost hyperventilating!  I was so scared being that high up in only a swing with seatbelt!  I think I was the only one scared.. lol.  Next Tim wanted to do the Super man Tower of Power.... and since he rode upside down rides, I was obligated to do what ever rides he wanted....First let me tell you Six Flags had 3 parks that had this ride.. but now they only have 2 with them b/c at one of them (KY) a girl got maimed (google it) Anyway..
Doesn't look that scary? . Riders sit in open-air ski lift style seats that face away from the tower, leaving their feet dangling. The cars lift up slowly at first, but quickly accelerate to 12 mph (19 km/h) after leaving the magnetic brakes. Riders are held at the top of the 23-story tower for several seconds at the top. Where the guy on the ground tells you to shake your feet, and lift your arms/hold them out, etc.. Crazy man.. I was NOT letting go of the little plastic part holding me in the seat.  The cars are then individually released from the couplings and free fall some 129 ft, reaching 62 mph before hitting the brakes.  So I screamed when we first started dropping.. but then I couldn't scream.. My mouth was open.. but no sound was leaving it as we fell.. quickly.  After getting off (and I won't lie.. crying alittle) I was still shaking 5 mins later when we got on the Screaming Eagle.  Then I thought it was kinda a fun ride after about 15 mins of me calming down! 
  Tim and I had a really good time!  It was nice not worring about taking care of Zach well everyone else had fun...  And the car ride was quiet!  lol  But when we left we were very ready to see him again.  We got home and Zach ate and fell right back to sleep and stayed that way until about 8 this morning!  As much fun as those rides were there weren't as exciting as finally getting a good picture of him smiling!

Oh yea, and that is the batman onies we got him...  Super cute! 

2 comments:

LaRae said...

LOL. Paul and I decided that Six Flags was much funner as teens. When we went last I couldn't believe how scared I was on all the rides. Things that I loved just terrified me! LOL

Zach is so adorable!

jean said...

Zach had fun too. He got to pet shadow which he really enjoyed. Helped uncle Mikey get ready for AT (ok more slowed him down). Played with "sitting grandma" and spent time with Grandpa. Glad you got your day. Love you