Saturday, November 5, 2011

Homework day

All afternoon I've been working hard on homeworking.. getting caught up on stats.. ugh.. its exhausting!  My head hurts!  Mom took Zman to her house to give me some time to focus... and T is working at a friends.  And I just finished what I needed to get done!  So I thought I'd update all of you and then shower.. uninterpreted shower.. lovely!
Zman: He is almost 9 months old!!  I can't believe it!  He is talking away these days.. saying Dada.. and lots of other noises.. we are working on mama.. but he might not say mama.. but when he is hurt or tired, he wants mama.. He is starting to stand without help!  So big!  He is cruising around with help (tables, or the pushing toys).. Still no teeth.. but I know we are getting close (coming from the lady that said that when he was 3 months.. so maybe not.. lol)  He is sleeping pretty well!! YAY!!  Last night we were going to keep him in our room.. b/c he has been kinda not feeling well.. but he won't be still and sleep.. so we went up to his room, I put him in his crib.. he cried for like 1 min, while I ran down to get the humidifier.  Then he was out.. until 3!  It was great!!  He is so much fun!  He loves exploring and seeing new things.
I love being a mom so much.. Z is really the light of my life and I wouldn't trade a moment of this for anything!  But I do have some regrets.  I was posting pics from Z's being birth on a board I'm on, and it reminded me of that heartbreaking week in the hospital.  Not being able to have med free natural birth, having him away from me for 2 days.. not being able to hold or nurse him... It all went against everything we knew was right.  If I had the straight I have now, I would have scooped him up in my arms and nursed him right as soon as I saw him.  I know in my heart he was fine the whole time.  I won't have sent him back to the nursery that first night he was in our room (which still bring me to tears when I think about it).  Let me just say next time.. none of that will happen.  I'm going to have my baby the right way, and I'm going to trust my instincts.  And we will have a doula (I really thing everyone should hire a doula!!)  But the next one is a ways off.. I want to finish my associates first and go from there.  Plus I've always said I want to nurse Z a full year, not to say if I got preg, that nursing would stop.. but alot of times babys wean themselves when your preg.

Anyway.. here is some cute for you!  Sorry if this post is alittle scattered.. my mind is overheating due to stats...
Cousin Halloween :)

At the hockey game..
Our little zoo.. we were the keepers.. (

Action shot.. when I get my good camera we'll have better pix..


"Look ma.. no hands!!"

Such a sweet face to wake up to every morning! :)

No comments: