Monday, November 14, 2011

You know you are a parent when...

I'm stealing this from 2 people actually.. One I saw in on my friend/cousin's facebook page, also from one my favorite blogs.. But I loved the idea of it..  So here are mine:

You know you are a parent when:
*You talk and are willing to make a fool out of yourself anywhere.. just to hear the sweet giggle..
*Your heart aches when your child hurts and you would give anything to take the pain from them, and feel it yourself...
*You never knew fear until you had kids...
*Your living room is filled w/ toys, some that make noises, some that don't and every room has some set of toys in them.. including your car
*You leave the house with at least 3 bags full of stuff that you MIGHT need...
*You would spend hours sitting in parking lots.. just b/c your child finally fell asleep for nap.. and there is NO way you'd wake them up.
*Their joy and happiness brings you even more joy and happiness..
*Even if you are having the worst of all days.. the sound of their laugh, the site of their smile, or just seeing them, makes everything else not matter at all...

I ended w/ that one, b/c on Sat I felt that way.. I had a headache, I was cooking a mini Thanksgiving dinner, (means lots of dishes..) I was just at the end of my rope.. So I went it to my bed room and pulled the covers over my head.  I just wanted a little time alone.. Then I hear T & Z playing.. and Z is cracking up.  His laugh is soo toxic!  I felt my heart warm and my head clear.  I had to get up and see what game they were playing and see both my boys smiling and enjoying each other.  Even as I type this, it brings a smile on my face!  Just wanted to share that little story!  :)
Watching the Bears win against the Lions.. but it was a long, exhausting game.. :) Sorry its so dark

No comments: