Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving.. So very late!!

Ok, recap from Thanksgiving!! 

   A few years ago, we would have been running around going to 4 different thanksgivings (T's dads, T's moms, T ex step dad.. very much a father figure to T and my parents...).. (the joys of divorced  in laws)  But that was too  much stress for me without a baby, I couldn't stand running nonstop, cooking meals for each place.. feeling exhausted before the day started!  Plus there would have been a fight b/c of all the stress.. so we stopped doing that. At that point, my wonderful parents just invited T's dad to theirs.. and that is how the one Thankgiving happened.  I'm so grateful for it.  I hate stressing over silly non important things.  .. Back to my story.. lol
We slept in (well as much as one can with a baby.. )  Then go up, played for a while, watch the Macy Day parade.. Z waved at some of the floats.. it was super cute.  I cooked the only thing I needed to make (yep.. just one thing!)  Delicious corn casserole!  Then we packed up and headed to my parents.  T's dad, my parents, my grandma (and her boyfriend..lol) my brother and us, all ate a yummy meal!  It was a good time!  I LOVE thanksgiving.  I love the family, food, and the whole idea of thinking about the good in your life.  In case you don't know, I'm a big optimist-so I like when others think about the good too!  And the food... yum!  Worst time to  be trying to shed the LBS.. but oh well!  So I'm going to take a moment and get sappy and write some of what I'm thankful for
To start w/ my son.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  I'm a better person because of him, and I didn't know how much I could love someone until him.  He is my joy and my light.  He makes everything worth it!
Also my husband.  He is such a great man.  Hardworking, family man.  I'm so glad we started dating so long ago.. lol (ten years ago)  The person he has become never stops amazing me and he is such a great example for Z to have.  If Z is anything like his father, he will be such a good (and a handful.. ) of a boy/man.  I look forward to growing old with my best friend.
My parents...  They are so helpful with Z and really with everything.  I know if I needed anything, all I have to do is call and they would drop what they were doing (unless it was a blues game.. then they'd think about it..lol)  and do whatever they could! 
My father-in-law-T would not have turned out the way he did without him.  He is a wonderful grandpa and father.. and I know he also has our backs no matter what.
I'm thankful for the events that got us to where we are now.  If you didn't know, about a week after I told my old work that I was expecting, I got fired.  (It wasn't just b/c I was preg.. but I'm sure it had a part to do with it.. afterall the girl I replaced was also preg..Not a good record w/ Preg employees)  But I was thinking about going back to work at that time.  They made the choice easy.  And if I had got back to work, I won't have been able to spend this time w/ Z.  I know that God has a plan for us, even if we don't see it at the time..
Nursing.. Seems like a funny thing to be thankful for, but I am.  I'm thankful I've been able to nurse Z his whole life so far.  I'm thankful for the ladies who have supported me and been a great example, and I'm thankful for those ladies that milk share. 
There are SOO many things I'm thankful for this year, but that was just some of the main ones.. :)  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! 
Always on the go!!

Yummy, Turkey..

His Thanksgiving outfit!  Thanks Nana and Papa!


Bath time.. in the sink!

1 comment:

Jack said...

It was great to have everyone over hon. You know I love to cook for you and spending time with Zach is always a joy. Love you and will see you today at noon to ring the bell for the Salvation Army with two of my favorite people!