Monday, January 16, 2012

Sick little boy...

I hate typing that!  I really hate when Z isn't feeling well!  Saturday Z had a fever and a cough.  Sunday same.. and long naps.  Sunday night  waking every couple hours fighting fever and breathing.  and one long stretch of no sleep for either one of us.  After Z woke up the first time around 11, I moved up on the spare room acrossed from his room.. for a few reasons, I wanted to be closer to him, and let T sleep sine he had to work in the morning.  What a sweet wife I am.  This really isn't the best time for Z to be sick either.. but is it ever?  Today, it was the same, fevers and cough.. deep raspy scary coughs.  We went to the doctor today, to get it checked out.  Doc was worried it might be RSV, so he got checked for that.  Either way the game plan was/is to wait it out, let it run its coarse and just watch him to make sure he doesn't have issues breathing.  Just what every mom wants to hear!  The doctor even gave him a direct line to get to his nurse (instead of calling and talking to the front desk, getting transferred to a machine)  So, RSV came back neg, so its just some nasty virus. 
My mom took Z today, to let me get a nap in, before I start what I fear will be another marathon tonight.  So I was happy about that, but I missed my little guy!  Even when he is sick, he is so good and still a pretty happy baby.  Classes start back up tomorrow for me.  Ugh, I was enjoying being on break. Well kids, I'm going to head off to bed b/c I'm guessing I'll be up soon!
Hanging out w/ GG and Cousin E :)

A look back.. this time last year..

Our little fur babe.. who doesn't like to be cold!

Cute little smile..

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HI Nikki, I am a long time lurker and never posted before...we are dealing with RSV right now, so I can relate to what you and Z are going through! It sucks... Let's hope both our kids get better soon!