Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Grateful

First I want to say sorry for the down post yesterday.  Where its true things have been trying... There really is so much I am grateful for!  To start with him:

This is us playing in dirt... you know like all kids should!!  But for real.. He brings so much joy to not only my life but everyone around us!!  Which brings me to his daddy!  My husband has his flaws (hard to believe ;) ) but he is there for us.  He works SOO hard to help keep me at home able to raise and teach our son!  He is a great dad and a great husband.  We love when daddy gets home (cue Z jumping up and down screaming "daddy home, daddy home while clapping... :) )

Then there is my mom.  She is my super hero for real.  This summer, which was supposed to be her break (really means spending time w/ Z...) was spent taking care of her mother.  Which has not been easy for her.  Alzheimers is so very awful.  It takes so much more than memories.  My mom has done such a great job being strong for everyone, my grandma, my dad, my uncles and especially my grandma.   I try hard to help her out, but it is hard for us to even have grandma one night.. She has her every night of the week, plus during the day.  And rarely complains.  She is a rock.  Z is soo very lucky to have such a strong nana on his side!! 

I am so blessed to have great friends, near and far.  I was lucky enough to go on a trip to see some friends of mine a few weeks ago.  It was my first "nonwork/homeschool/marykay" trip without Z or T!  It was so nice to have my far away friends right there!  It was a weekend fulled with laughter, love, great food, relaxation, and wine!  It came at a perfect time.  :)  Anyway, I am lucky.. Even through the hard time I am grateful for my amazing life! 

No comments: