Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sick baby

Over the weekend, Z was flirting w/ a fever..  I thought it was just teething, but I was keeping an eye on it.  It never even went up to 100.4, so I was not too worried about it.  Monday morning, he woke up at 4, so I went up and got him, and fed him.  From 4-8 he was pretty restless and woke up a lot.  I felt his head at 8 and he was hot, so I took him temp.  102.5!  So I gave him some Tylenol and a bath, fed him and retook it.  It was down to 100.9.  I waited for the doctor office to open and called them.  We decided to keep an eye on it.  Well about an hour later, Z had some diarrhea, so I called back and they told me to come in.  Also Z had been pulling on his ear.. I didn't think it was an ear infection, but thought it was best to get checked out.  So in to the doctor we went.  Z is up to 19lbs now!  His ears were fine, so that was good!  His throat looked red, so Doc thinks it something viral and it will pass with time.  The ear pulling and diarrhea was prolly just him dealing w/ everythign going on with his little body.  So, the day was full of naps, cuddling, nursing, and fighting the fever.  He was in the mood to be held, since he wasn't feeling well at all-which is what I did.  So we watched movies and read books, and relaxed.  Today is pretty much the same.. Woke up w/ a temp over 102.. got it down to 101.. But I feel bad of my little guy.. :(    \
It is crazy how everything stops when your kid is sick!  Luckily my class for last night got canceled, so I didn't have to go to it.  I had a playdate planed for today, at our house.. lol.. and had to cancel that.  I also was going to work out yesterday at school...  darn, didn't get that in!  Tonight I had a scarpbooking girls night, but if he still has a fever, I'm not going to go to that either.  Hopefully Z gets feeling better soon!!  :)
My love bug!

No comments: