Thursday, September 29, 2011

World milk sharing week

Sept 24-30 is world milk sharing week.. hince the title of my post!  So for those that aren't comfortable with the idea of that, stop here.  This week is to celebrate milk sharing (breast milk) and those mamas that have done it!  I have a friend whose baby has only had breast milk since she was born, even though the mom never made enough milk herself.  Her mom worked so hard finding women that would share, and drive so many miles to get there.  She is a champion in my eyes! 
If you remember in other post, I've been stressing about not having enough pumped milk for Z since I'm going to school.  Thanks for a wonderful friend D, I no longer have to worry.  She gave me 3 big bags full of some of her milk.  She had extra and I had a need, so she shared.  Thanks to her, I had a big weight lifted off my chest.  I trust her and know her milk is safe (for one she is still nursing her son), so I'm not worried.  And I'm very thankful! :)  I've also been able to share some of my milk with a friend.  It was for diaper rash and she put it in her baby food.  Her daughter had been fighting a horrible cash of diaper rash, and nothing was working.  She had been to the doctor and was putting medicine on it, but nothing.  So I gave her a bag full of BM cubes.  Within a week of putting some BM on her diaper rash, it was getting better.. two weeks it was gone.  I havn't been able to share bag fulls of milk, but I still feel proud that I was able to help a mom out! 
If you want to check out more about WMSW go to:
http://www.worldmilksharingweek.org/

This week has been hard.  Poor Z has a cold.  He got it after we ran into  a toddler that had a cold at one of our mom groups.  He is finally getting better, but its been so hard.  He couldn't breathe out of his nose, and that makes life hard for everyone.  Zach hasn't been sleeping well, b/c of his nose and not feeling well...and he hates the nose sucker.. and the nosefreda thing we have.  I can't wait for him to be better!

No comments: