Monday, April 15, 2013

A moment to pause...

I sat down and started writing a post about how I might have been a bit early to start normal activity with Z b/c during lunch we had a meltdown and his fever went back up.  But as I sat down to write during Z's nap, I turned on the news.  Its never good when every station has the Breaking news on it.  It was about the explosion/bombs at the Boston Marathon.  The first thing that crossed my mind: my friend whom I've never actually met in real life, but have grown to know and love that was running in it.  Thank God she is ok.  She was about 1/2 mile away from the finish line when the explosions happened.  It was a very scary moment.. Wondering what happened to her, thinking about what caused the explosions, and what will happen.  Z woke up and came down.  He saw the TV and said "oh no, fire... hurt"  broke my heart.  So we turned on "nater" (cars) instead...  I sat here cuddling with my sweet boy, enjoying a scone and some Mexican chocolate tea...  I called my husband to see if he had heard (and to just hear his voice..) 

Tonight hug your loved ones tight... 


1 comment:

Haeli Turner said...

I love reading your posts and keeping up with what you and Z are doing!!! :-) Thank you for writing so often! Im sorry to hear that he has been sick so much this winter. Cant wait to see you all this summer! We won't be there long so don't plan anything for the first week in July! :-) except hanging out with us of course! I don't know how many times a week Clint says...i wish we could just go down to T and N's to just hang out!!! MIss you guys!