Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Camping...

Saturday Zach went camping for the first time!  It was a beautiful day out, the weather started great! (key word there was started!! )  We go the tent all set up, and C ( a friend of ours) got the fire going.  Chase got to run around and eat the grass..lol.  We walked down by the creek (Z was chillin in the stroller, which did great in the grass) then walked back up to our camping area.  For dinner we cooked some hotdogs and ate chips.  Then KL and KT came out and we had some yummy hobo pies.  The boys went catfishing (and didn't get any, sad..)  They got back around 12, and I put Zach down to sleep in our tent.  He slept in his mose basket with his seahorse.  Chase also wanted to go to bed then b/c he kept going over to the tent.. lol.  After we all got tired, we went to bed.  Tim, me, Zach, Chase, and KL (who is a pretty tall guy) all slept in our small dome tent (we didn't bring our bigger tent, b/c we just wanted something throw up pretty easy.. plus the boys were planning on sleeping under the starts.. but changed their minds)    This was about 1am.  I couldn't sleep for the life of me!  I was pretty worried about Z, so I checked on his  afew times, and the last time I checked his breathing (i know.. kinda crazy, but I was worried about SIDS, since he has been around camp fire smoke..)  was at 3:31am...  Since this was our back up tent, it was missing some stakes-there were 4.. enough for the tent.. but not for the rain flap.  That night there was only a 30% chance of rain (and 70% chance of fun, as Tim put it) .. well at 4:30 almost on the dot, I felt rain drops on my face and heard the rain coming.. then a few mins later it was raining. I woke up Tim, and KL.  Tim ran out of the tent to the truck.  I put my blanket and pillow over Z in his mose basket and ran to the truck with him.  By this time it was pouring!  Chase and KL stayed in the tent.  Chase wasn't moving into the awful rain until he had too.  All of the sudden KL came flying out of the tent.  So we are running around grabing the inportant stuff-stroller, pillows, phones, all baby stuff, and our chairs.  KL is putting his trailor back on his truck (it was there so the boys could sleep on it) C and KT are helping get our stuff together and getting their stuff.  Then we call Chase from the tent, and he finally comes out and jumps into the truck.  I was getting Z into his carseat when the boys were getting all the stuff put in our trucks.  Then we all headed out back home.. wet, cold, and super tired!!  Oh yea, and by the time we got home, it had stopped raining..lol.  We crawled in to bed, and passed out.  I fed Zach, since he was awake, then we slept until we got up for church at 9am.  We woke up and all got showered (and a quick wash for Zach) and headed out of the house by 9:20am.. pretty good! We were even a bit early to church, we went to church w/ our neighbor.  Sadly I didn't get very many pictures of the camping trip..since it was so short lived.  But I did get one of my two babies!  :)

Sunday we napped alot.. lol

Monday we also had an exciting day!  I just joined a meet up group and went to my first meet up.  It was at a local park.  It was nice hanging out with other mom's and meeting the other kids.  There were kids of all ages there, but we stuck w/ the babies around Z's age. 

No comments: