Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

    Happy mom's day to all my mamma friends!  After sleeping for 7 straight hours (for the second night in a row!!) I woke up to Tim bringing me eggs, bacon, toast, and potatoes!  It was super yummy and nice!  Then we went to church.  After church we went to Peoria Zoo!  Turns out today, all mothers get in for FREE!  The African exhibit was really cool, there were rhinos, and zebras and 2 giraffes.  Also there was a lion and lioness.  I did feel bad for the giraffes, they were courted off on concrete without trees or grass and they were separated.  Also we are pretty sure one of the lizards on display was dead.  We were watching it to see if it was breathing.. and it wasn't.  Also on our way back to the front, we went back by it.. it hadn't moved at all!  Still looked exactly the same, not breathing..  Very sad!  But other than that, it was nice!  On our way out, we went by the gift shop and got a big lion stuff animal.  I am pretty sure that was Zach's favorite part of the Zoo.  ;)  But he did seem to sleep thru most of it.  We ate lunch there at the Zoo and I was super suprized that the prices weren't too high!  We both ate meals, got fries and drink and only spent $10!   
    After a great day at the Zoo (the weather was great!) we headed home.  We kinda just hung out at home, and played w/ Zach.  He is getting so fun lately!  He smiles, laughs and does much more now!  Then we went out to dinner here in town.  Best gift of the day?  Daddy changed the smelly poopy diaper! 
   This is my first Mother's Day, and it was a wonderful day!  I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did today!  I'm so happy and totally in love with my son and husband!




No comments: