Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Family Time

     Over the weekend Zach met some of his family from his daddy's side!  Great Aunts and Great Uncles and some cousins.  It was a really good time, but he was pretty exhausted after.  To top it off we were just coming off a growth spurt so we were sleepy from that too.  But Z was a champ and stayed  in a pretty good mood!
      Sunday he got dedicated at church, so it was more family!  More cousins and grandparents.  As always we enjoyed having the Roberts and their gang hang out!  I really think I'd be lost with out my cousin/best friend La Rae.  I'm sad that we live so far away but b/c of internet and facebook we are able to stay in pretty close contact.  Their kids are so much fun, I meant to get a pic w/ all the kids, but forgot between setting up the movie, nursing, chasing down the kids and dog.. lol  But as always it was great seeing them!
    Z and his cousins are pretty close in age, so I'm looking forward to them growing up together.  Tim's side of the family don't really get together much, so I think I'm going to start planning events where we can all see each other more and so the kids can get to know each other.  I love planning parties, so I'm excited about it!  Growing up I saw my family a lot, and I want the same connection I have with some of my cousins for Zach to have with his.
     We didn't sleep very well last night.  I'm not sure what was going on.  Z was pretty gassy and wide awake until about 1, but on the plus side I was able to finish my book.  "The Peach Keeper" by Sarah Addison Allen.  She is one of my favorite authors and it was a really good book!!  I've really started to love reading and I love my kindle!  I read it out loud to Zach and that seemed to help relax him.  He finally fell asleep on my chest in the living room around 1 and I put him in his cradle and he was out for 6 hours.
  Well here are some pictures from the weekend!




No comments: