Friday, August 5, 2011

First Road Trip

Sleeping in the carseat on his first road trip!
Surprising enough we left around the time we wanted to last night!  Then we drove, and drove and drove!  We left our house around 8:30pm and had to stop 2 to get gas and bathroom breaks, feedings, etc.  Z did great!!  He slept most the night (so most the travel time) woke up around 3, when we were getting gas then fell back asleep pretty quick.  It went so well!  We drove until 9:45 (our local time.. so 10:45 GA time) and stopped about 5 hours from our final destination.  So that was a total of 13 hours in the car!  We got to a town and checked into the hotel, and they let us check in early :)  Z was happy to be outta the car:
Yep that is a disposable diaper... I didn't want to have to carry around 9 days of cloth diapers...

Then we (grandma and I) went swimming while Tim rested (he did most the driving, I did the last hour thru Atlanta.)

 
After we had fun in the pool, we were pretty tired too, so we all napped:
We were getting ready to go swimming... but all feel asleep.. Grandma was right behind us falling asleep too
Finally here is a pic of our pup!  Who I miss, but my brother is living at our house taking good care of him :)  Also this week has been "World Breastfeeding Week" and I am missing some events for that, so I thought I'd leave with a picture of Z BFing.
Chasey before we left
Nursing pic..

1 comment:

LaRae said...

Z does the same foot thing Elise does. LOL Love all the pics. Sounds like it is going great! Hope you have a wonderful trip! Tell Grandma Corzine I said hi!