Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A piece of my grandma

In case you didn't notice off in the right hand side of my blog there is a donation tab for The walk to end Alzheimer's.  b/c my grandma (and Tim's uncle) have this awful disease.  For the most part since I've had Zach my grandma hasn't been as excited as we all thought she'd be.  Turns out she has also been pretty down.. but today I went over there and it was like she was her old self (or at least pieces of her)  She held Zach right away and played with him and loved on him.. It was so wonderful!!  She even told me I need to give him a little sister.. which is so like her.. and it was refreshing!!  It was the first time she has been like this with him!  And I loved it!!  Before it felt like she was going through the motions she felt like she was suppose to feel/do.  But not today.  Now I'm thinking it had more to do w/ depression then Alz, and I praying it last and isn't just a fluke good day sorta thing.  I'm also going to make more of an effort to go see her.  Once a week is my goal.  I want to try to see the grandparents once a week too.  Tim's dad and my parents (my parents will be easy b/c they are watching Z once a week while I'm at school...) 


You can just see how much fun she is having!

After hanging out w/ my grandma, I met up w/ my mom.  We did a little shopping and then went to the Fall Festival in my hometown.  My dad, mom, grandma, and hubby all did the walk thru, seeing people we grew up with.. Showing off my cute kid, sorta thing :)  It was fun.  Got a corndog and lemon shake up.. so it was really good. 

Four generations!

One last thing.. Big shout out to my little brother who came thru for me today by letting me use his car!!  Uncle M you rock!!  I had a baby playdate this morning to get too.. which was alot of fun!!  :)
Baby Feet!!
 Now to work on some homework after some cute!

Just 2 of the 10 photos I've seen from Z's 6 month shoot!!  More to come later!!  Thanks to Kristi Kern
https://www.facebook.com/pages/kristikerndesigncom/246713542020911

1 comment:

pcg said...

Cute pics of zach (my computer doesn't capitalize z's...random right?). I haven't heard from you for so long, hope you're doing well!