Sunday, April 3, 2011

525,600 minutes



First let me just say I love musicals.. and I love Rent, so I picked this video to help sum up this post. My 25th b-day was Friday! Its been a very changing year, but its been a great one! For my b-day we went to an Extreme game w/ my family. It was alot of fun! We got a lot of use of the Moby Warp this week.. it really has been my fav baby item of all time! In fact as I'm writing this, my child is finally asleep, in the moby. The poor guy has been dealing with some gas issues and has been fighting sleeping... so I got out the moby after he pooped and passed a lot of gas, and now he is out! I'm guessing when I'm done writing this and I go to bed, he'll stay asleep (crosses fingers!).
I've also learned birthdays were more fun when you were younger. Gearing up for the party (you know when you didn't have to plan them yourself), looking forward to all the great toys and gifts you'd be getting, being excited about having a day for you, blowing out the candles and making wishes... Now, you have to plan your own party, you still get good gifts, but its hard to know what you want, and then not feel guilty about the money spent on you, I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a day just for you anymore, and no more candles on the cake (at least not here). I'm very excited about planning Zach's parties, and doing his b-day stuff.. but mine just isn't that great anymore. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed mine, and it was great hanging out with my family, it just lost the thrill it had before. That is a part of growing up I guess!
Today was alot of fun! T worked all day, so I went to a painting pottery place to get Z footprint on a tile and pic frame with my mom. Then we went back to mom's house so Grandpa and Grandma could spend time with the cutest little boy in the world! I came back home and my grandma (Z's great grandma) called and wanted to take us out to dinner... So we just had a full family day!  Now.... bedtime... :)


2 comments:

Sweet Little Lovings said...

Happy Birthday! Although it might not have been as exciting, it still sounds like you had a nice day/weekend.

LaRae said...

Yes, now that you have kids, it's their stuff thats exciting. Christmas is weird. You know you like getting stuff, but your stuff is just stuff. The fun part of Christmas now will be watching your kids anticiaption and excitement! LOL Definitely just part of growing up.