Sunday, April 10, 2011

Family Pictures...

Family pic are SO much harder to do with a baby!  For my birthday I wanted to get a family picture.. and maybe one of Z only.  It kept getting pushed to another day.. until Today!!  Z had been in a pretty good mood until we entered the studio.  From the moment he woke up I knew we'd have issues.  He had eaten only an hour before, so I thought I had timed it right.. That was mistake number one.  Then is was very hot in there.. like they weren't ready to turn on the ac yet.. even tho it was in the 80s.  So Z was hot therefore grumpy.  He was wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans.  That was Mistake number 2.  Mistake 3 was bringing my husband.  During our first try (Z hungry and in long sleeve shirt) the only thing my dear, supportive hubby says is, "You should have feed him before"  He says this while the lady is trying to take our family pic w/ our grumpy little boy.  She then asked if we want to move the apt back so we can feed him (thanks hubby).  I said no, it will only take 5 mins.  So we take off his shirt and I feed him.  He doesn't eat for long ( I didn't think he was that hungry.. b/c I knew he had just eaten.. even if hubby didn't think so..)  After we take his shirt off and he eats a little.. we try again.  We take some of just him and try another family.  Then we try for another one of just him in a basket.  The kid wasn't feeling ANY OF THIS!  The lady said we can try again another day.. Not realizing that I have been trying to do this for the last 2 weeks.. I said no, we can see what few photos you took and pick from them.  Z just wasn't comfy in the positions they were trying to put him in and it was burning up in there.  We did get about 4 good ones and we just picked 2.  We are planning getting more pics when he is a year, but I wanted a family picture now.  So after a very rough time, we did get 2 decent ones and then we went out to dinner and everyones mood got better. 
  Then we ran to my parents.  Z was hungry again and I was in pain.. since in my hurried feeding at the picture place fed him on the wrong side.. so I NEEDED to feed him on the right one.  Plus they wanted to see their grandson. 
  I'm so glad the weather is getting better!  It will be nice to get outside and enjoy it!
  I do need to praise my hubby.  This weekend he was so wonderful (minus making the comments at the picture place)  Z hasn't been sleeping well the last few days, which means mommy isn't sleeping either.  Sat he took Z and made me go to bed to take a nap.  It was wonderful.  He picked up the house (while taking care of Z)  It was a nice break!  

3 comments:

LaRae said...

I think they look great! Next time if you want, Paul's mom has a studio in her basement. It has big comfy couches down there to breastfeed too. And she is way Pro breastfeeding. And she would probably do it for free besides cost of photos.... And we could have another nurse in. LOL And maybe lunch or dinner....

Miss Kassie Lynn said...

I think they look great! We did photos this weekend as well, and its now my opinion that this is not an awesome age for photos! Thats probably why people usually do newborn photos and then hold off until three months! Haha!

Corinne said...

Love them!! Evvvverything is so much harder with a baby ;0)