Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

      As I sit here sans Tim, it makes me very thankful for him!  Around 5:30 I realized Z normally goes to his daddy and I was ready for that to happen!  Tim is helping a friend out today, so he isn't here.. which means Z didn't go tot him!  He really does so much for us!  Just this week, he put in a dimmer light in our bedroom, put up a new doorbell, and a shower head.  Also he fixed his riding lawn mover.  He works harder than anyone else I know and he is always willing to help his friends fix everything.  The downside to having a man who can fix/build/knows stuff is you have to share him.  But because of his hard work, I'm blessed by being able to stay at home with our son.  I love being here taking care of him and the house...  Ok, mainly him. lol
     Second I'm very thankful for TIME.  I've found a new favorite book "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" and I love it!   I'm reading it from the beginning, so it talked about the first few weeks.  Most the stuff about the hospital still makes me a bit sad, and I really feel like if I knew more it could have been different.. but reading about the first few days/weeks home reminding me how difficult it was.  It was really hard!  Not knowing what this little guy wanted and how he liked things done, makes it that way.  I'm starting to learn what he wants/needs and that I can give it to him.  That really helps w/ the confidence!  Also it made me realize I kinda forgot about it already.  We have a pretty good night time thing going unlike before.  
    Lastly I'm very thankful for those smiles!  They happen all the time now!  I still have a hard time getting a picture of one, but I'm tryin!!
Daddy playing for the Zach man

Yep a Nursing pic! 

1 comment:

LaRae said...

Yeah for daddy's who help! Can I borrow that book? LOL Love the pics.