Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Taking a snow day

Snow days meant so much more when I was younger!  No school, playing in the snow.. enjoying freedom.. So today we are taking a snow day!  Its snowy and slick out... so we are just staying in today.  I have dinner in the crock pot.. The crock pot is one of my favorite kitchen things in the whole wide world!  We are having chilli for dinner tonight...  As I type this I'm enjoying a nice cup of hot Berkshire Apple and Fig tea.. Drinking hot tea on a cold snowy day is wonderful.  It warms me up and helps me feel more relaxed.  Z is playing with his sorter right now, enjoying some alone play for a little bit.  
Last night was alittle stressful for me.  Z had started having a slight fever (100.4) and had a explosion diaper which caused a early bath.  The roads were getting bad and T was out helping his dad, so he was on the roads alittle later.  I was alone with Z doing a conference call for Mary Kay being terrified he was starting to get sick again.  When T got home he and Z played and laughed and that made me feel much better, but b/c of all the stress and anxiety I was drained!  So taking the time to relax today is a nice change from yesterday!
For the record Z is doing great.. He ate breakfast and no fever.  But its still a linger fear.. just waiting for the next sickness to creep up.. Having him be sick for 6 weeks straight has broke my brain I think.. I'm kinda crazy.. lol..
Today I'm looking forward to playing more trains and cars and going to play in the snow :)  



And yep.. we are still in our pjs today :)
 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you think Z's fever(s) could be related to teething? Those 2 year molars are horrible! They caused Aubrey to have low fevers and explosive diapers too.

Gomommy/Nikki said...

@Sarah.. that's what I am so hoping... I felt in there and I can't feel them.. but I'm hoping it what is causing these lastest things.. Here is hoping! Aubrey is getting so big! I can't get over how fast our babies are growing!!