Thursday, March 24, 2011

A nice week!

     This week has been my mom's spring break.. so where would she want to spend it, you ask?  Florida, Hawaii, or Cali.. Nope!  My house.  And who could blame her.  There aren't any beaches or warm weather. but there is a cute little boy!!
    Its been nice having her here, and I know its been nice for her.  It gave me time to clean and sleep a little bit!  Plus is been nice having her here to talk to and share time with Z.  This week has been so great, trips to the store have been much MUCH easier.  Plus great grandma came with her on Weds!  We had 3 generations here!  Sadly tomorrow is the last day of her break!  I wish the weather would have stayed warm, so we could go on another walk, but it got cold again.. ugh!
    Update on Zach, Monday we went to get his liver checked (since I wasn't going to stop BFing to check his liver we had to get a test)  turns out that the doc didn't fax the correct lab work sheet.. so as the lab techs were taking his blood I asked about it.  They told me that it was just a bili test.. So I questioned it more and the more we talked, the wonderful techs realized I was not getting the test that I needed.  They called my pedis office to try to see where the correct lab work papers were.  So the doc office told them they faxed it but they didn't know where they sent it to.. really??  So the lab techs (who I love) kept the asked the lab to wait on testing the blood until they knew which was the right test to do!  But anyway the test came back and his liver if fine!  And the test included a bili and his bili was down to 6!  So that is wonderful!  The doc said I could keep BFing (thanks for the permission doc!)  So now we don't have to worry about that anymore!
    Also I nursed in public!  It was a mom's group, but still.. it was in public!!  Plus this week I've had to do it in the car a lot! 
   Well thats all I have for now!!
Sleeping in his rock n play!  Best thing we've bought!!

No more paparazzi mom!!

Great Grandma came by and got to hold and love on Zach

2 comments:

jean said...

It has been a great week for me too. Glad I could spend time with you a Zed :). love you guys so much

LaRae said...

:) I nurse in the van a lot too. Elise hates the cover and now she's old enough that when she doesn't want something over her head she just yankes it off or lifts it up. LOL So the van is nice I put the sun screen in the front window and hang a blanket over the side window and we have our own quiet private place to nurse. :)