Monday, March 14, 2011

Things sure have changed!

As I'm trying clean the living room to get ready for Bible study tonight, I'm reminded how much things have changed when my sweet little man starts to cry and I need to stop clean and pick him up.  Turns out all he wanted was to cuddle with his mommy... which seems like a great excuse to sit down and stop cleaning :) But really my days are very different now.  Before, I'd get up eat breakfast, get on the computer, clean and get dinner ready.  At night, T would get home, we'd eat dinner hang out, (he'd play some football on the PS3) and we'd go to bed and sleep.  The weekends, we'd go out to eat, see a movie, or hang out with friends.  It was pretty care free.  Now my days are full of diaper changes, nursing, naps, tummy time, and counting the dirty diapers.  Nights daddy gets home, and plays with his son, more diapers, nursing, baths and dinner (normally gotten from the freezer and just thrown into the oven).  Then we head to bed for 3 or 4 hours of block sleep.. more diapers and nursing.  Now weekends are pretty much the same as my days are.  Going out takes much more time and planning, and alot more stuff.. lol.  Things are different now and you know what.. I wouldn't change any part of our new life.  Nothing is more special than having Zach curl up on my chest, seeing him flash a beautiful smile (most the time he is sleeping.. but still), or seeing daddy holding Zach and seeing how much he loves him.  Change is def a great thing!
So now the choice is to put Z down and finish cleaning or stay here and love on my baby!  Well I was reading some of my fav blogs and I found this poem on one of them.. (sorry for stealing it) and it made it easy to pick..

         Song for a fifth child - Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
    Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth, 
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, 
    Hang out the washing and butter the bread, 
    Sew on a button and make up a bed. 
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
     She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
    Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue 
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due 
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew 
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo 
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo. 
    Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue? 
    The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, 
    For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. 
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. 
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

     
I put a blanket down to swaddle Zach in.. and Chase took that as his cue to come lay on it..lol

1 comment:

Jack said...

Just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you and T and how proud I am too! I love you all baby!! You're both doing a great job!