Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shopping, falling, playing, and crying...

We have had a very eventful weekend!
   Friday we kinda just relaxed at home.  Saturday morning we got up and went into town with friends-we went to the library, where I put on the Moby (which has been a life saver this weekend-in more ways than one).  As we were walking to the door, I rolled my ankle.  Luckly I turned midfall and laided on my back instead of on my belly(where Zach was) and instintivly I put my hand behind his head so it didn't move around like crazy as I fell.  Also I landed on the grass.  Zach was scared, but overall we were both ok.  It was def a very scary moment for mommy too!  The rest of the day went well.  I even nursed in real public Sat.  We ate lunch at Noodles (Thanks B for lunch :) ) and Z needed to eat, so I put my cover on and did it in the booth!  I'm so proud of myself! 
    Later that day, my cousin came by to drop off some of her son's old clothes and she brought her 4 month old.  So they had their first playdate!  They didn't play much, but instead seem to eat at the same time.. lol.  A side note about my cousin, we have the same birthday just 5 years apart.  Her first kids (twins) have the same birthday as Z.. just 5 years apart..  How funny!
    Sunday we slept in (after waking up quite a few times in the morning)  We got to bed pretty late the Sat night waiting for daddy to get home, so we were all tired.  But after we woke up, Z was very grumpy!  I had noticed he had eaten alot Sat evening, but today he was SO fussy!  He has been eating every 2 hours or so, but he eats much longer than normal!  From about 15 mins to about 30-45 and has been eating on both sides!  He doesn't want to be put down and wants to be moving and its really been like this all day.  Again thanks to the Moby.  I'm able to even nurse hands free with this magical baby item.. plus it has been the only place he'd nap today.  Hopefully he will want to sleep tonight, but I think daddy will be sleeping in the other room tonight! 
   Also between the fussiness, Z's grandpas (2 of his 3) came by tonight!  T's dad and stepdad came by for a visit.  Its so nice to see them loving on him!  I love how Z really makes them (including my parents) just light up.  You can just see the love they have for our son coming out of them!  It really melts my heart!
Photo time! :)
First play date! :)
My two mommy boys

Grandpa G and Chase


The lovely moby wrap.. and can you tell my house has been taken over by baby stuff?
  

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a fun weekend. You were so smart to roll to your back and protect Zach's head! I hope your ankle heals nicely!